Respect Life » committee members are involved in the general education of parishioners about the sanctity of life from conception through death.
At its most basic level, the pro-life message is this: An unborn child is a human person whose life has value and deserves to be protected by our society.
Carrying this message throughout our parish and beyond is the mission of the Respect Life Ministry at St. Elizabeth. If you are interested in joining us, please contact the parish office to get you in touch with our ministry.
In 2023, the RLM will continue to fulfill its mission to pray, educate, and act. We invite the entire parish to join us as we:
- Pray a quarterly rosary for life
- Educate the parish through our weekly Life Corner entries and chronicles of our spiritually adopted babies
- Support local mother's homes through our annual spring donation drive and service projects.
Watch the bulletin and your email for ways to get involved.
Thank you for continuing to pray for your Spiritually Adopted baby: Jesus, I love you very much. I beg you to protect the preborn baby I have spiritually adopted.
What's Happening in Our Ministry
October is Respect Life Month
During Respect Life Month, the Life Corner will focus on prayers for all life issues…START PRAYING!
Respect Life Month Events:
- Mother’s Refuge Night of Compassion, Friday, October 6; Dinner, Concert, Dancing & Auction; Arrowhead Stadium; MothersRefuge.org/events
- Join us next Sunday as we pray our Quarterly Rosary for Life, before Mass on October 8, 9:30am in the Church.
- Advice and Aid Pregnancy Centers Annual Banquet, Tuesday, October 17; Overland Park Convention Center
- Join us for Respect Life Movie Night, Thursday, October 26, 7:00pm in Seton Hall; refreshments will be served! We will be showing the critically acclaimed and uplifting movie, Bella. It is a true love story about how one day in New York City changed three people forever. This movie looks at unplanned pregnancy, adoption and forgiveness in a whole new light. Among many honors it was the winner of the 2006 Toronto Film Festival’s People Choice Award. The movie is Rated PG-13.
Please come enjoy the film along with snacks and drinks and fellowship with others from our Respect Life Ministry.