St. Elizabeth Catholic Parish presents...
Smoking 'n' Waldo
Sept. 19-20, 2014
The 4th Annual BBQ Tournament
September 19 & 20th, 2014, is a Rain or Shine event!
2012 Results (click here)
2011 Results (click here)
Here are photos from 2012(click here)
Here are other photos from 2012(click here)
Here are photos from 2011(click here)
A great weekend of Family, Friendship, Music and BBQ. The Waldo and Brookside Communities are welcome to come and enjoy the sweet smell of BBQ, and enjoy the festivities. This is a parish BBQ tournament and to compete each team must have a St. Elizabeth parishioner. Last year we had 26 competing teams.
- Friday night each team is welcome to host a party in their tent. "Smokers Selection" is where every team will cook up a snack to share with the public a little friendly competition on who has the best party food. If you are not competing you are welcome to come up and check out the tents, & see your friends between 7pm and 11pm. A band will play for your entertainment. Beverages will be available for a donation. We will have an adult atmosphere Friday evening so 6:00pm-11pm, so Friday night will remain kid free. After 11pm everyone but cooks need to be off grounds. We will have a third party security taskforce enforcing these hours.
- Saturday is serious cooking, and many of the teams will have been cooking for hours overnight. The grounds open to the public at 11am with fun and so much room for activities and playgrounds for the kids. Last year we had the Philosophers kicking out the jams 12-2pm. BBQ will be served by food turcks 11:30am to 8pm.
- Competition turn-ins of meat to judges will start 2:30pm - 4:00.
- Awards will be prior to the band.
- 7:30pm - 10pm a band will perform as we celebrate a great weekend.
- We are encouraging a family atmosphere during the day Saturday and an adult atmosphere by Saturday evening. Children will need to go home by 7 pm.
- There will be no drinking out of glass, please cans or plastic cups on grounds!
This year's contest will include 4 meats categories; ribs, pork (butt), chicken and brisket. Teams will prepare their entries to be judged. They have to turn in all 4 to be in the running for Grand Champion.